There’s no insect sweeter than the honey bee. Not only do they provide us with honey, vegetation, and life, but they keep the life cycle flourishing by providing us with food. Do you like apples, vanilla, and almonds? Do you like how certain flowers grow in certain areas? We have bees to thank for that, so feel free to give the next bee you come across a mental thanks.
Here are a few more things that we can do to save the bees and show our appreciation! If we all try a few of these methods, we’ll see a plethora of bees doing bee things in no time.
- Grow single-flower tops (daisies, marigolds, etc.) as these flowers contain more nectar—making it easier for bees to reach the pollen! Who doesn’t love a little gardening, and now especially is the perfect time to get your backyard bee village thriving.
- Let some dandelions around the house be, as these provide nutrition for bees.
- Leave water out (fountains work wonderfully) for our buzzing buddies. Bees get thirsty, too! And keeping water out means more bees will come for a quick visit to say hello.
- Buy local honey from keepers who understand the importance of bee conservation and don’t harm them in the process! You can also really taste the difference when you buy local.
- Avoid using pesticides! Hear us out, we know that they keep certain bugs away from our food gardens and plants, but did you know that these same pesticides also contribute to the declining bee population? When bees visit flowers for pollination, they can’t make it far due to the toxicity surrounding that plant and unfortunately pass away. Let some things grow naturally, and think of more eco-friendly ways to conserve produce!
- Just let bees bee. Having a fear of insects is valid, but trust us when we say bees aren’t out to harm anybody. These wonderful little friends only sting when they are threatened, and die in the process of “protecting” themselves. You can actually get pretty close to a bee and you’ll notice that they have no interest in hurting you in any way, and you might even see one wave your way! These cute bugs and their musical buzzing keep nature thriving, so let’s say thanks by giving back.
To show our appreciation for nature’s life-givers, we’ve compiled a box that is filled with some pretty neat and sweet goodies. We would bee more than happy to share a peek of what’s in store in this month’s “Bee Happy” Cannabox, so let’s take a look!
Honey Comb Bong
This month’s Cannabox exclusive bong features a honey comb bong showcasing the natural color of honey with a bee in the bottom corner. This beautiful piece looks kind of edible… but don’t bite into it. This design is engineered to ergonomically fit in your hands, and you’ll notice how easy it is to hold when you wrap your fingers around the edges for the first time. What better way to commemorate the start of summer than by dedicating a piece to the friends responsible for helping the flora and fauna! If you missed out on this one, you can grab one here.
“Don’t Worry, Bee Happy” T-Shirt
Bob Marley made some points when he sang “ Oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh don’t worry, be happy”. This legend wasn’t just a weed activist, but also used it to help him clear his head so he could focus on creating the iconic music we still hear to this day. We took that infamous line to create a shirt with Nirvana-inspired prospects and a bee in the center. It’s a daily reminder not to worry and to just “bee” happy.
Cyclones Pre-rolled Wraps + RAW Organic Hemp Rolling Papers (Limited Edition)
Though this wrap selection is now discontinued, these pre-rolled blunts come with a packing tool and paper tip—making it easier for you to roll. The more you smoke, the more emphasized the sweet flavor of honey becomes. Along with these wraps we have RAW’s Organic Hemp rolling papers, which are made of organic hemp and tree sap. If you’re a fan of natural and earthy flavors with a refined smoke, this is for you.
Swabs are pretty self-explanatory, but they’re crucial in maintaining the clarity and cleanliness of your glass. This month includes Honey Swabs, featuring two different of tips on either side to catch, scrape, and clean all turns and corners. Just soak some isopropyl alcohol (90% +) to the tips and get to cleaning that piece on your desk with the brown bong water and foggy glass.
RAW Mini Clipper Lighter
If you’re a fan of RAW and Clipper lighters, this is for you. While this sturdy reusable lighter is small, it packs a normal punch of fire and is here to help with your portable smoking needs. Perfect for pant and bag pockets, this fire (insert emoji here) lighter is your new best friend.